The Association of Artisans “Manos Amazonicas” from El Chino, Tahuayo River, Peru was created by AoA and has been assisted by the foundation in many ways, including the construction of a building for their use. This group of exceptional women has used their art of weaving to generate income to support their families, empowering them to have a stronger voice in their community. Their artwork is made from natural materials sustainably harvested from the rainforest.
Through their work, they promote environmental conservation and preserve traditional culture. Before the pandemic, the women sold their goods to the tourists who came to visit Amazonia’s ecolodge on the Tahuayo. During the pandemic, the absence of tourism threatened this important part of their finances. To help support the women, AoA stepped up and bought thousands of dollars of arts and crafts. If you wish to own some of this great work and support the women of the communities, please see our current inventory and purchase details below. 100% of proceeds will support the women of the communities & AoA’s programs on the Tahuayo River. Thank you!
Manos Amazonica Online Store Purchase Instructions
1. To purchase items please send us an email to [email protected] with:
- List of the Item #’s that you wish to purchase.
- Complete name and mailing address.
2. Orders will be processed in the order in which they are received. If the item you choose is no longer in stock, we will let you know so you can choose a different item.
3. Purchase order minimum is USD $75.00 total. Orders with a total under USD $75.00 will not be accepted.
4. Orders over a $150.00 total will receive a free gift with their order.
5. Free shipping (standard shipping) on all orders within the continental USA.
6. Ask us about shipping costs for orders to be sent outside the continental USA, Canada, Mexico, or other.